среда, 24 мая 2017 г.

A Painted Mural Makes the Perfect Headboard


Ever since I moved my son from a crib to a big bed, I have been trying to figure out the perfect headboard to use. The problem is he is a three year old boy and right now he seems to think furniture is closely related to playground equipment. We are working on that, but in the meantime, I think I've come up with the perfect headboard.


This simple mountain mural works perfectly as a headboard for his little explorer themed room. And it was super easy to make.


a painted mural makes the perfect headboard, bedroom ideas, painting, wall decor




I started by using painter's tape to tape off the outline of the mountains - basically just a bunch of connected triangles.


a painted mural makes the perfect headboard, bedroom ideas, painting, wall decor




I filled in the mountains using Valspar Silver Leaf paint and then taped off the tops. I painted the snow covered mountaintops with some leftover white paint. When all the tape came down, we had mountains!


a painted mural makes the perfect headboard, bedroom ideas, painting, wall decor




The mountains make the perfect backdrop for the bed. Now my little man gets to wake up in the mountains every morning. And I get to have peace of mind that he isn't climbing all over his headboard when he does.
You can see the rest of the room including tutorials for striped curtains, industrial alphabet letters, painted dresser, and lots of DIY art by clicking right here


a painted mural makes the perfect headboard, bedroom ideas, painting, wall decor





Original article and pictures take http://www.hometalk.com/14019142/a-painted-mural-makes-the-perfect-headboard site


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий